Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 170.

There is nowhere else I would have rather woken up this morning than the legendary PHCC (Purple House Community Center) in Minneapolis, MN. After four days of intense opening, noticing, and transformation at a Somatics and Social Justice Intensive, I hopped on a red-eye flight punctuated by about six babies and another handful of young kids and all of their myriad wails. I slept for maybe an hour and a half of the three hour flight, doubled over for part of that time because that was the way my body felt most comfortable. Then, my friend Flo picked me up from the airport at about 5:30 am Central Time, and brought me back to her home, where I sleepily climbed some stairs and found my boo, Ryan Li, who's been here for a couple of days now. In the mugginess, we embraced briefly before falling back into slumber. 

When I woke up again, at about 10:30 am, it was to the sound of heavy rain and the feel of cooler weather. It was one of the most surreal and beautiful awakenings I've ever had. I felt like I had awoken from a dream to find myself in a comfortable, safe space full of people I love, with multiple sensory delights on top of all that.

I'm so happy to be here. Later today, we're going to celebrate the commitment of two friends of ours, and I'm already so overcome with joy and a festive spirit. The day just keeps getting better and better. What a lovely, lovely life I lead sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment