Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 6.



I don't want to be moving through this evolutionary phase too quickly, but yesterday I was talking about letting things stick and today I am already thinking about reaching out and choosing things all on my own. Not just that which I stumble across in my path, but those things I create a new path to get to.

It took me a long time to realize I had any choices at all. I'm not sure how it happened, but somewhere along the way I was taught to be grateful for any crumbs that were thrown my way. And now, I know that I deserve to choose: my relationships, my family, my political community, my forms of self-expression, and more. I am allowed to think about what I need and want, and ask for it, and go out and get it. I've known this logically for a long time, but I am really starting to feel it in my bones. And that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment