Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 45.



Today is Persian New Year AKA Eid/Aid AKA Norooz. It is also the day of the vernal equinox, or the first day of spring. Today, daylight and nighttime balance one another perfectly . . . twelve hours of each. The days will continue to get longer from here on out, until the first day of summer, when the days will start to get shorter once again. This is my favorite time of year, and I feel lucky that my culture of origin celebrates the new year at a time that makes so much sense to me. Rebirth, growth, and equal parts rain and sunshine that nourish all of the things that are beginning to sprout again after the cold and dark of winter.

I am thinking today of the things that have been dormant in me for some months now, and inviting them to poke their heads back out into the sunshine that is to come. Hope, inspiration, self-confidence, and a belief that I can and will find meaningful & joyous work to help heal our planet and its people are some of these dormant ideas. I know they're in there, somewhere, because I have experienced all of these things before. So, today, I'm setting the tone for this new year by inviting them back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment